Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Lady of Leisure

I prefer Lady of Leisure to Unemployed

For the first time in my working life I am unemployed and not by choice. Yes my employers decided they "had to let me go because I wasn't a personality fit for the team". More like a pregnant woman who will be going on maternity leave for 6 months doesn't fit into their plan.
Because I was still on probabtion they could say that, basically I had no rights. I'm not going to fight for unfair dismissal as it probably won't be worth it and I need their references to get temping jobs until December and they know that.
Anyway on a positive note we got the house that we wanted in Hertfordshire so we are sorting out the contracts and lawyers and things now.

Apologies for the photo if you don't really want to see my bare belly, but there has been requests from NZ.
Me at 19 weeks and 3 days.

No comments: