Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Induction Date Next Wednesday

Well I'm 40 weeks and 5 days today I had a check up with the community midwife, the good news is that the baby is fully engaged now, it's sitting right down in my pelvis. That probably explains why its been very painful sitting down and moving around the past few days.
I have been booked in for an induction of labour next Wednesday the 17th, my hospital's policy is to let you go 12 days over before inducing. We are really hoping it won't come to that, its another week away the midwife explained exactly what they have to do and it can be a very drawn out and painful process. But she also said that only 25% of first time Mums who are overdue have to be induced.
Apparently Spiros is not a tiny baby but he's not a whopper either, but he could still be a 9 pounder (sounds like a burger) thats seems almost a normal size these days.

No comments: